You really can't enjoy Football sunday without eating something thoroughly messy; and although there's nothing else that compares to a couple of crispy, deep fried chicken wings, sometimes that clean up is just not worth it. This time I wanted to eat wings without having a mess to clean up so I decided to bake them instead.
These bad boys were tasty, tender, perfectly sweet and savory, and not to mention, guilt free. Here is the recipe for Honey Ginger Baked Chicken Wings:
3 lbs chicken wings, skinned [optional]
1 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 tsp black pepper
1/3 cup honey
3 tbsp soy sauce
3-4 garlic cloves, crushed
1 1/2 tbsp ginger, freshly grated
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper or cayenne pepper, [to your liking]
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
2. Toss chicken wings in oil, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
3. Line wings out on the prepared sheet. Bake for 50 minutes, or until wings are cooked and skin is golden crisp.
4. Combine honey, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and red pepper in a sauce pan and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
5. Reduce heat to low and let simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
6. Remove from heat and let sit until the mixture thickens and forms a glaze, about 20 minutes.
7. Brush the glaze over the wings and bake for an additional 10 minutes until fully caramelized.
Enjoy! And if you decide to recreate a version of this, or any future dishes, please send me pictures and let me know how it turned out! Don't forget to tag and hashtag @sobiasiddiqui and #modalacarte on IG.