When I think of zucchini bread I think of loads of cinnamon and ungodly amounts of shredded zucchini squash. Zucchini bread is just so brilliant because you can really add anything from chocolate chips to dried fruit to nuts and even bananas. Here is my fool proof version of zucchini bread adapted from several sources for the perfect flavor:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 - 2 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1-2 cups zucchini, grated
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/2 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped (optional)
1/2 cup dried fruit, chopped (optional)
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Grease and flour an 8x4 inch loaf pan and preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Sift the flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and baking powder together in a bowl.
3. Whisk the eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar in a separate bowl. Add the dry, sifted ingredients to this mixture and mix well.
4. Stir in zucchini, nuts, and dried fruit. Note: the draining of zucchini is not necessary in this recipe because the zucchinis water will keep the bread moist.
5. Pour batter in to the pan. Bake for 60 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
Enjoy! And if you decide to recreate a version of this, or any future dishes, please send me pictures and let me know how it turned out! Don't forget to tag and hashtag @sobiasiddiqui and #modalacarte on IG.