The holiday cookie swaps have officially begun and this chocolatey, fudgey, peppermint cookie truly captures the essence and taste of the holiday season. These flourless beauties are decadent and snow studded with peppermint bark chocolates in the middle.
Inspired by the ever classic peppermint bark, this cookie is especially made for procrastinators and those who promised to send cookies to all their friends and coworkers this year. This is the cookie thats guaranteed to impress that special someone. And this is the cookie that's bound to become a holiday staple after you 1) take your first bite and 2) find out how incredibly easy they are to make.
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup granulated sugar, sifted
1/2 cup powdered sugar, sifted
1 jar dark chocolate hazelnut spread [Nutella works too]
1 bag Dove peppermint bark chocolates
1/2 tsp dark brown sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line your cookie sheet with parchment or wax paper. (I prefer parchment)
2. Add the powdered sugar, granulated sugar, dark brown sugar,P baking soda and dark chocolate hazelnut spread to a large bowl. Mix these ingredients together with a hand blender
3. Add in the egg and mix for another 2 minutes
4. Place this bowl in the freezer for 20 - 40 minutes
5. In a separate small bowl, add enough powdered sugar for rolling the chocolate balls in. Remove dough from freezer. Collect a tablespoon full of dough, form in to a ball, and roll it in the powdered sugar to get an even coating. Repeat with the rest of the dough
6. Place the dough balls evenly across the cookie sheet and bake for 8 - 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes
7. Remove peppermint bark chocolates from wrapper and place one in the middle of each cookie, lightly pressing down and sinking it in
Enjoy! And if you decide to recreate a version of this, or any future dishes, please send me pictures and let me know how it turned out! Don't forget to tag and hashtag @sobiasiddiqui and #modalacarte on IG