I recently received a few requests on sharing my 'must have' beauty picks so without further ado, I will jump right in to my "fab five" beauty products of the month:
1. Diorshow in 'Catwalk Black' - This mascara is truly brilliant and has been my HG since I first discovered it. It creates intense volume and length; the packaging is nice and sleek, and the brush works wonders because it's so large. People always try to avoid clumpy lashes and with this type of brush/bristle, you will remain clump free! I will say, however, this mascara dries out rather quickly and is expensive.
2. Laura Mercier Foundation Primer • Oil Free - I love, love, love this primer because it's completely water based. This primer has a very soft, silky texture that comes out white but leaves no trace of it on the skin. I have combination skin (a bit more on the oilier side) and primers usually tend to break me out but once I found this one I stopped looking any further. It melts in to the skin and really helps makeup look fresh and stay put for hours.
3. Shu Uemura Satin Design White Tea Polishing Milk - I have thick, wavy, and tangle prone hair. And because I live in a beach town, my hair always tends to frizz up [which it never did before]. I honestly don't know what really compelled me to buy this product: my hairstylist always using it on me or the fact that my mom owned a bottle too. Either way, this milk serum is like my liquid gold. My hair stays silky, smooth, and holds its shape 100% until my next wash. It's light weight and has an amazing floral scent [I am addicted to products that leave a beautiful, non-chemical scent]. This product can be used both before and after styling and a little bit really goes a long way. It is pricey, but worth it if you have a heavy head of hair!
4. Giorgio Armani Lip Maestro Matte Lacquier in 'Blush' and NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in 'Red Square' - These two velvety, matte shades have been my go-to colors for a while now. The matte gloss [a first by Giorgio Armani] is surprisingly hydrating and extremely light for being as long wearing as it is. The color is really pigmented and comes out exactly as seen in the tube. This shade is the perfect everyday color for me because it's light and it brings out the pink/flushed tones in my face. The NARS Velvet Matte pencil is all sorts of amazing because it is so incredibly easy to apply and the color payoff is outstanding. This color is also really on trend for Spring so get your hands on it now! My only cons are that it could potentially bleed [so ladies, use your lip primers] and that these pencils have a crayon like smell.
5. L'oreal HIP Professional Color Truth Cream Eyeliner - I really like this gel liner because its soft and creamy. It has a smooth glide and it gives you plenty of wiggle room and time to work with it if you wish to intensify the look by relining or smudging. The coffee brown color has recently been my favorite color to put on because it looks so sultry and inviting.