8-10 oz.Soba noodles
1 lb. shrimp, about 15-20 pieces
1/4 cup vegetable oil, separated
2 tbsp soy sauce
3 tbsp tamari
1.5 tsp agave
3 shallots, cut in to rings
4-5 garlic cloves, minced
1 lime, zested and juiced
Salt, for seasoning
Scallions, finely chopped
Handful cilantro, chopped
Lime wedges [optional]
Red chili paste [optional]
1. Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add noodles and cook according to the instructions on the bag.
2. Meanwhile, combine 2 tbsp vegetable oil, soy sauce, agave, and tamari in a large bowl.
3. Drain the noodles when cooked, and toss them in the sauce above.
4. In a skillet, cook the shallots until golden brown and crisp [about 5 minutes]. Set aside. In the same skillet, cook the garlic until golden brown and crisp [about 3 minutes]. Set aside.
5. Combine the lime zest, 3 tbsp of lime juice, 1 tbsp oil, and salt in medium bowl. Add the shrimp and toss around until coated well.
6. On a grill pan, grill the shrimp over medium-high heat turning once. Grill until fully cooked through.
7. In a serving dish, lay the noodles on the bottom. Add the fried shallots and garlic. Add the grilled shrimp. And season with scallions and cilantro. Serve with red chili paste for added heat.
Enjoy! And if you decide to recreate a version of this, or any future dishes, please send me pictures and let me know how it turned out! Don't forget to tag and hashtag @sobiasiddiqui and #modalacarte on IG