I love Summertime because it signifies that the world is looking bright again. I love seeing people out and about, whether staycationing or vacationing, I love the happy, summer vibes, and I love the neon brights perfectly balancing the sultry, sun-kissed tans.
Since I’ve been doing a lot of outfit posts lately, I thought it would only be right if I switched it up a bit and shared my must-have beauty products for a glamorous Summer season!
P.S- I apologize in advance for the super long post, but I hope you enjoy the read :)
1. Oribe Curl Shaping Mousse ($36)- Yes, I spent $36 on mousse. And yes, I deserve your teasing. But we’re talking Oribe here…It is by far one of my favorite haircare brands out there (the scent is unreal). This mousse is the curly [or wavy] headed girl’s one stop shop to fighting frizz and producing bounce, definition, and shine. Especially for those of you living near the ocean waters.
2. Younique 3D Fiber Lashes ($29)- Full, fluttering lashes are always sexy for Summer, but let’s face it- falsies are just time consuming, costly, and irritating at times. This two piece mascara kit is one of my all-time favorite buys; I’ve received dozens of compliments and questions on which falsies I’m wearing when in reality, it's just an awesome mascara made out of green tea extract. The mascara comes in a really chic, quilted faux-leather case that could double as a glasses case [win-win].
I've actually told a select few of you about this product and where to purchase it already, but for those wondering, I am a proud Younique Beauty Consultant a.k.a Presenter and you can actually purchase this product through my own page. For those of you who are friends with me on Facebook, be on a close lookout for an online party event invitation where you can learn about the mineral makeup Company and shop while you're at it.
3. Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer ($8.79) – No introduction necessary. This product has been a staple in my cabinets for years. You can find this at almost any drugstore like CVS, Target, or Wal-Mart. I use it once a day, which is much easier than using a self tanner. I haven’t gotten any streaks or pale spots because it’s a gradual tanner. The only slight downside to this product is that it has an odd smell.
4. Younique Refreshed Pure & Natural Rose Water ($29)- I have long been on the lookout for a refreshing spray to take with me when I travel. This spray does so much more than I expected; it works on all skin types whether dry, oily or combination. I spray this on my face every morning right after the shower and once at night before applying my serum and moisturizers. It sprays the perfect amount of fine mist and has a refreshing rose scent.
5. Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit ($40)- I'm sure you've already heard everyone talking about the Contour Kit from Anastasia Beverly Hills, but it's safe to say Anastasia totally nailed it with this contour kit. Ever since Kim Kardashian brought contouring and highlighting into the picture, women [myself included] have been on the hunt for the right products to replicate the look. I really like the Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit for two major reasons: 1) it's got the perfect powder consistency for my oily skin, which not to mention, is super pigmented, and 2) the colors are suitable for most skin tones.
6. Caudalie Polyphenol C15 SPF20 Anti-Wrinkle Protect Fluid ($49)- I actually picked this up by mistake, but I decided to give it a try anyway. The verdict: it's light, absorbs brilliantly, and smells delicious. It's not greasy and works so well with foundation. As I'm sure you know, most SPF formulas are too heavy for the face and can cause blocked pores, irritation and breakouts, but this SPF makes a seamless fit in to my existing skincare routine.
7. MAC Sheen Supreme Asian Flower ($17)- Asian Flower is a strong super-glossy violet with a hint of shimmer, but it looks like a creme rather than a frost lipstick, which is great. Being a Sheen Supreme, this doesn’t last all day of course, but it does wear away quite nicely while being the perfect pop for Summer.
8. SkinCeuticals Gentle Cleanser ($34)- I bought this cleanser because my skin is both sensitive and acne prone. I wanted something that was simple and would remove my makeup every night. This removes the leftover makeup that I may have missed with my facial wipes and is very gentle on my skin. It doesn't strip my skin, and it leaves my skin feeling soft and hydrated.
9. Nume Magic Wand ($155)- I purchased the 32mm Magic Wand version for $50 through a Groupon- one of the best deals I've scored in a long time! I previously had a Revlon that gave up on me. When I used other brands, my curls only lasted a few hours leaving my hair in a kinked up mess. This leaves my hair beach ready and shiny in minutes. P.S- although these curling wands are dummy-proof, please don't do what I did and curl your hair while watching House of Cards; I ended up with a not so pretty burn mark on my arm.
10. Clean and Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets ($4.99)- Great blotting sheets for when it's scorching outside! You really can't go wrong with these. They come in a little folder and do a great job at mattifying the face. My face gets oily every few hours, so I grab these to pat off the excess oil on my face. The sheets definitely don't disturb the makeup I have on underneath, unlike the other blotting sheets I've used in the past.