I guess it’s safe to say summer is officially O-V-E-R. The only exciting part about summer ending is getting to welcome the fall styles that are just beginning.
If you're a serious trend-hunter, you probably already know about the thick-knits, the not-so-basic loafers, and that one statement accessory that'll make everything old feel new again. My list of Fall "must-haves" will help you keep focused on the current trends as you scour the racks picking out your Autumn ensembles.
1. The Ultimate Parka: Asos Festival Drape Parka ($126) From faux-fur hoods to leather cuffs and drawstrings, the ultra classic parka has gotten a serious makeover the last few years. Not only does this parka have a cool, “model-off-duty” vibe, but it’s also functional, making it a practical choice for Fall.
2. The Staple Bootie: Michael Kors ‘Brandy’ Suede Bootie ($175) Trendy and playful—meet the sexy, suede ankle boots that you’ll want to wear all Fall.
3. The Oversized Knit: Zara High-neck, cable knit sweater ($99) Let’s be real- the best thing to be able to do is ditch a jacket for an oversized sweater. It just looks irresistibly chic and effortless. Play it up with red lips and oversized sunnies for a super glam look.
4. The Perfect Midi: Tildon Faux Leather Flared Midi Skirt ($36) It's time to start transitioning leather back into your wardrobe. The caramel hue of this skirt is Fall-ready, and a refreshing alternative to the ever edgy black leather look.
5. The Pointy Penny Loafer: Rebecca Minkoff Harper Snake-Embossed Loafer ($250) The pointy flat rules supreme this Fall. They add an element of hip and funk to an otherwise basic outfit.
6. The Box-Like Bag: Zara Leather Bag with Rigid Handle ($159) Bags, like any accessory, can take a soft/feminine look and make it edgy. This bag accentuates the feminity and charm of the classic image of a woman.
7. The Multi-finger Ring: Urban Outfitters Pyrite Double-Finger Ring ($15) Dramatic baubles are the “in” thing. Wear a multi-finger ring instead of a cuff bracelet or pendant necklace. Be sure to keep the rest of your jewelry simple because this is a big enough statement.
8. The Blanket Coat: Zara Hooded Cape with Piping ($129) Once Burberry sent Cara Delevingne down that runway in the blanket trench, I knew it was going to be rocking big this Fall. An oversized, wooly, and equally comfy outerwear piece has me wanting to shove my own tailored pea coats to the back of the closet.