As we all know, fashion always has and will continue to revive looks from the past. One of the latest '90s trends that made a comeback is the slip dress.
Slip dresses are classic pieces (thanks to slip dress meister, Kate Moss) and are sure to stay well into the Fall/Winter months, making it the irrefutable fashion hero of all time. The key to nailing slip dressing is to invest in a slip that's versatile and truly allows you to mix and match multiple layers. Here are a few tips I have if you're looking to style a slip dress:
1. Select a slip in basic shades such as black or gray; think of it as your LBD!
2. Invest in a silky material which will give your look an overall sheen and fluid fall. Trust me when I say fabric is essential because a quality silk (or even faux silk) slip will help to hide any unwanted bulge and smoothen out your body..
3. To make it look effortless, but not like you rolled up out of bed in your lingerie, try pairing the slip dress with a hat (Nordstrom has an epic selection) and some cute sandals (these Topshop ones are on sale for just under $30!). In colder months, layer it with an oversized blazer or long coat.
4. Be a minimalist. You really don't need to add tons of jewels and embellishments to your outfit because the slip dress speaks for itself.
5. Keep it PG. The easiest way to keep the slip dress modest is layering it with a basic white tee or ribbed knit underneath. The top (on sale for $23 from SheIn!) I chose here was perfect because it actually also helped keep the silky straps in place!
I hope these tips help you get your slinky dress on!