I’m going to start off by saying the entire baby registry process is ridiculously overwhelming! There is a slew of baby items out there and it can be really hard to decipher what you really NEED to have. I didn’t want to fill my registry up with items that may or may not be used, so I put together a detailed spreadsheet (because spreadsheets rule my life) and handed it off to the trusted mamas in my family to get a consensus of which items are must-haves and which items we could maybe do without. The products that I feature in today’s post are ones that I have personally thought to be fit for our lifestyle.
Today I’ll also be doing a massive giveaway (valued at over $200) for the mamas and/or the mama-to-be’s out there! I’ve teamed up with a number of brands to offer you the following:
1 Merlin Magic Sleepsuit ($32) of your choice
1 Lumiere 360 Ergonomic Baby Carrier ($99) of your choice
1 Lumiere 2-in-1 Shopping Cart & Highchair Cover ($40) of your choice
1 SnoofyBee Clean Hands Changing Pad ($30) in Sahara Stripe
For the giveaway, enter down below and on my Instagram page to double your chances at winning.
- DockATot - We will need something portable for baby jaan to chill out in and the DockATot takes the cake as it serves as a safe place for your baby to sleep, play, rest and for tummy time. It comes in two sizes: deluxe for 0-8 Months and grand for 9-36 months. If you’re interested in buying one, click the link here for $10 off your purchase (valid through the end of the month).
Mamaroo - This is the mother (or should I say mama) of all rockers, which mimics being in mama’s arms. It has tons of settings for different rocks, sways and noises. The brand 4moms is innovative in building high tech baby gear; they studied how parents move while holding their baby and created the Mamaroo to move in the same ways using their knowledge of robotics. Pretty neat, right?
The Ollie Swaddle - First of all the velcro tabs make it super easy to use, give me velcro anything and I’m sold! I also really love the material on these swaddles, it doesn’t feel heavy but still has a level of thickness to keep baby warm at night. While many swaddles out there are made out of cotton or a general poly blend, the Ollie Swaddle is made from custom moisture-wicking material. This helps keep your baby cooler and reduces the risk of overheating. As a bonus, the Ollie Swaddle comes with its own laundry bag.
Boppy New Born Lounger - The Boppy® Newborn Lounger is the perfect place for wee ones to coo and kick in comfort. It is the perfect place to put your newborn when you want to have both hands free to interact with them. It accommodates infants up to 16 pounds, making it perfect for those first few months. It is made of easy-to-clean fabric, which is a necessity when you have a newborn, who is spitting up often.
Nest Cam - The Nest’s night vision feature is what sold us on this cam. It works well in pitch black conditions especially as babies spend most of their lives asleep in at least semi-dark rooms! There also isn’t a separate baby monitor receiver to keep track of, you just use the Nest app on your phone. Both Haris and I thought this was key for us to be able to check in whenever, from wherever.
Merlin Magic Sleep Suit - I’ve seen this bad boy in action on my nephew and it is no joke! This sleep suit was invented by a pediatric physical therapist and mom of 4 to help transition out of the swaddle. The suit helps muffle reflexive startles, eliminates need for blankets, and helps with sleep training/scheduling. The layers of the extra soft material helps to keep the baby feeling secure and muffles startle reflexes that would otherwise wake them up. You can win one by heading to my Instagram and entering the giveaway down below.
- Milk Snob Nursing Cover - Nursing cover, car seat cover and shopping cart cover all in one! Can someone scream multi-functional? It’s soft, stretchy, breathable and has 360° coverage while nursing which I’m really fond of.
Comotomo Bottles - These squeezable bottles are designed to mimic the breast and milk flow. Plus, they’re super easy to clean.
4moms High Chair - Remember when I mentioned 4moms is all about innovation? Not only is the design of this chair sleek and simplistic, it is all magnetic and SO incredibly easy to take the tray on and off. Plus, the ease of cleaning and adjustable height is what really sold us. You can put the tray straight into the dishwasher.
Kiddo Feedo Bib - Even though bibs were invented for a practical reason, like this one with a catch pocket, that doesn’t mean they can’t be fun and fashionable!
Wabi Bottle Sterilizer - This sterilizer can fit 8 standard size bottles. It can also sterilize all the essentials like nipples, teethers, breast pump parts, plates, bowls, and cutlery. The bottles will be completely dry when finished with the drying cycle, which isn’t a feature that comes with many sterilizers out there. It also functions as storage for the bottles; hence, this baby product is 3-in-1: sterilizer, dryer, and storage. How convenient is that?
Boon Pulp Silicone Feeder - I prefer a silicone teething feeder over a mesh one because it’s simple to clean and more durable. Boon totally has a handle on baby’s snack time; this feeder allows baby to self feed on fruits and vegetables through tiny holes.
- SnoofyBee Changing Pad - SnoofyBee developed an incredibly genius product that keeps babies hands safely out of their diapers during changing time. The velcro attachment for the barrier allows diaper changing to be done mess-free (or as mess-free as possible!). The changing pad folds up easily (check out my Instastory highlights to see it live) and conveniently holds diapers and wipes inside. Fun fact: the founders of Snoofy Bee received an offer from Shark Tank! You can win one by heading to my Instagram and entering the giveaway down below.
- Baby Zen Yoyo - This was recommended to us as a travel stroller - be it local or overseas. It is ultra-light (weighs only 13 lbs) and wait for it.... amazingly folds down as small as a carry on luggage in a fraction of a second! This stroller is permitted to be brought ON BOARD aircrafts and can be kept in the overhead baggage compartment. Yes, you read me right. I am not the best at assembling/dismantling items, so this is another important criteria for us (or rather for myself) as I don’t want to be caught in a situation where I have to spend more than a minute figuring which button to press or unlock, and then get stuck trying to fold/unfold the stroller. Many of you have also asked about our everyday stroller, and we went with the the UppaBaby Vista.
- Lumiere Baby Carrier - If you value the safety and comfort of your baby this pearl gray carrier should serve you right. It is made of 3D breathable mesh and soft cotton for extra comfort and support, and comes in a simple and 360-degree ergonomic design. This carrier comes in 6 different carry positions and an adjustable panel for regulating the temperature. Other than the good support and ergonomics, I love that it’s simple and comfortable (I tried it on with a doll inside!). It's just such a huge transition in life and being able to handle everything with ease and still function in doing things that I love is my ultimate goal!
- Beaba Snack Container - I already carry snacks with me full time so luckily this transition shouldn’t be too difficult. Often, my snacks do get crushed or smushed in a plastic bag, so they're not too appetizing or easy to eat. I looked into this snack container and thought it was a great way to carry multiple snacks at once and use this as a formula dispenser.
- WildBird Ring Sling - The WildBird sling is a ring sling made out of some of the prettiest linen fabrics I’ve ever seen. Linen is a natural fabric that is very strong and is known to last a very long time while never really losing its shape. It’s a “macro-climate” fabric which means that it keeps both you and your baby cool in warm climates, warm in cold climates, and dry because of its moisture absorbing qualities. I’m already scheming out different outfits and ways to wear this beautiful sling.
- Binxy Baby Cart Hammock - This little gem was actually created and designed by a mom of 4 who realized she had a big problem when out shopping with her kiddos. It is a hammock for shopping carts with clips to hook over the edges of the cart. Because the clips are so long and it's secured with the velcro, the Binxy Baby stays put and will not tip or come unhooked. There is also two layers of upholstery weight fabric which means it can really hold weight (up to 50 lbs to be exact!).
- Angelcare Baby Bath Support - A very simple infant bath tub cause y'all know I have the tiniest hands in the world and will likely need some sort of assistance.
Baby Aspen Bunny Bathrobe - Cute AND functional!
Munchkin Duck Tub - Because rubber ducky makes bath time more fun - plus, the size is really accommodating.
Aden + Anais Washcloths - I love two things about these cloths: the softness and the size.
Aveeno Baby Wash + Moisturizer - Aveeno Baby is nice because it’s both a body wash and shampoo, and it smells really good too.
4moms Spout Cover - 4moms strikes again! In addition to guarding your spout, the 4moms spout cover also measures the temperature of the water coming out of the faucet, ensuring that the water is not too hot or too cold for baby.
- Skip Hop Activity Center - This activity center was designed with a pediatrician to support a “whole body” approach to play and learning. The seat rotates completely around to allow access to all of the toys (no fomo here, people!). The activity center has 3 stages and truly grows with baby. The first stage is for when they are just beginning to sit up. The second stage supports cruising; you can take out the seat and replace it with the foot platform. The third stage is a play table so once baby has outgrown the toys attached to the table, you now have a toddler table.
Lorena Canal Angel Wings Rug - A darling angel rug for our baby’s nursery! Even though I don’t have the slightest clue as to the theme or look we want to go for the nursery, I knew I needed to have this rug when I laid eyes on it. The extra nice thing about this rug is that you can wash it directly in your washing machine! Plus, Lorena Canals rugs are all handmade and the company is very open about its product and manufacturing process. One amazing thing about the company is that they aren’t just producing rugs for profit; they give back to their own community. Proceeds support the Sakula project, a program dedicated to care for children who lack basic protection, security and education.
Ilyas and Duck Search for Allah - I think that it is safe to say that this is a pioneering book in the world of Islamic literature for children. It is easy to read, the illustrations are graphically captivating, the story is explained simply; I pray that we are able to help explain the beauty of creation to our baby girl.
Baby Einstein Take Along Tunes - Music and lights are usually a winning combination. The handle on this also serves as a teether! My nephews have been obsessed with this toy since they were infants and I don’t mind the musical tunes myself!
Sophie the Giraffe Teether - I never understood the allure of this special teether, though Sophie is really cute with her caramel colored spots and rosy blush on her cheeks. Sophie la Giraffe offers stimulation to all five of the senses. The spots for sight, a squeaker for sound, and soft rubber that has a unique feel, smell and taste.
Nuna Sena Aire Playard - The number one thing we were looking for in a pack n play was ease of use. The market is flooded with options that require so much effort in set up, but the Nuna Sena is not only easy to assemble but even easier to fold down. You remove the mattress and it’s a one pull mechanism. Seriously, couldn’t be easier.
i received product compliments of DockATot, Lorena Canal Rugs, Binxy Baby, The Ollie World and Boppy; however, all thoughts and opinions expressed herein are my own and not influenced by the aforementioned brands and/or its affiliates in any way.